Hertsmere Mencap is an independent, self-financing local charity supporting people with a learning disability in Borehamwood, Potters Bar, Bushey, Elstree, Radlett and beyond. We have transformed the lives of hundreds of people in our community, by leading them out of isolation and helping them make friends, learn new skills and provide support and advice.
- We are Inclusive. People with a learning disability are at the heart of everything we do
- We recognise differences. Our approach is tailored to individual needs
- We are Trustworthy. When we promise something, we don’t let people down
- We are Caring. We treat everyone with respect and kindness
- We are Positive. We encourage everyone to take the best from life and all that it offers
We provide daily activities for adults with learning disabilities to attend every week days. Cookery, drama, arts and crafts, music, aerobics, tennis and football and coffee mornings are among the tailored activities offered on a daily basis.
Noah’s Ark Playscheme
Noah’s Ark provides a valuable respite care service for children with disabilities and their siblings. Noah’s Ark provides trips to adventure playgrounds, farms, sailing, soft play, theatre and bowling, as well as onsite activities such as visiting pets, music groups and entertainers.
The Jubilee Club, our social club has been running every Wednesday night for more than 40 years, offering a range of activities and often involving outside speakers as well as disco nights and crafts.
I like the coffee morning because there is always someone there to answer my questions. You always have someone to talk to.
See our events calendar and find out about what we’ve been getting up to. Choose an event and see how you can join us!