Our mission is to transform the lives of learning disabled children and adults and their families in the Borough of Hertsmere. They are at the heart of everything we do.
Started by a group of parents in 1964, we are still run by parents, volunteers and two part-time staff.
We offer help and guidance and support friendships and relationships.
We provide day activities, a children’s holiday playscheme and a social club.
Confidential advice and support is available at our weekly coffee morning.
People with a learning disability should be valued equally, listened to and included
We want to improve the quality of life for people with a learning disability and their families by:
- Providing confidential advice and practical support on issues ranging from welfare and housing to friendships and wellbeing
- Offering daily activities to help people become more confident, learn new skills and make friends
- Reaching out to people who feel isolated and reluctant to ask for help
- Inclusive. People with a learning disability are at the heart of everything we do
- Recognise differences. Our approach is tailored to individual needs
- Trustworthy. When we promise something, we don’t let people down
- Caring. We treat everyone with respect and kindness
- Positive. We encourage everyone to take the best from life and all that it offers