We rely on voluntary donations to pay for our Activities programme, Noah’s Ark Playscheme and our support and advice services. Hertfordshire County Council only support part of our Noah’s Ark Playscheme
£10 provides a fun outing for one adult or child with a learning disability
£20 funds the Hertsmere Mencap minibus to take members to and from their social club for a month
£50 pays for 10 adults or children to attend an ‘autistic friendly’ cinema viewing
Here are some of the things supporters have done to raise funds for Hertsmere Mencap:
- Cllr Brett Rosehill walked the Hertsmere Way and raised more than £300
- Radlett Lawn Tennis and Squash Club organised a fundraiser and purchased games for our Jubilee Club
- St Martin’s Church, Shenley raised £310 from their Lent lunch
- Potters Bar Car Boot Sale raised £74 for Noah’s Ark
- Aaron and Michael Langley raised £300 in memory of their wife and mother, Rose
- Bullhead Road Action Group (BRAG) donated £200 from their Platinum Jubilee street party.
- £1000 anonymous donation in memory of Teresa Gray
- Borehamwood Mayor Cllr Victor Eni, organised a Jazz evening and raised more than £900
You can donate your celebration day to Hertsmere Mencap or organise a bake off at work, a quiz night or sports tournament.
It’s your choice and we’ll support you in any way we can, so if you’re fundraising for the first time, don’t worry, we’ll be right behind you.
Fundraising, your way
Anyone can do something special to raise funds to improve the lives of people with a learning disability
So you’re passionate about supporting people with a learning disability and would like to fundraise and improve lives? You’re in the right place!
There are so many things you can do to support Hertsmere Mencap’s work. From bake-offs to taking on your own physical challenge anywhere in the world. You decide what suits you and when.