£10 builds the confidence and social skills of one person with a disability by attending a Hertsmere Mencap creative activity
£15 provides a fun outing for one adult or child with a learning disability
£20 funds the Hertsmere Mencap minibus to take members to and from their social club for a month
£50 pays for 10 adults or children to attend an ‘autistic friendly’ cinema viewing
Here are some of the things supporters have done to raise funds for Hertsmere Mencap:
- Local Borehamwood Councillor, Brett Rosehill walked the “Hertsmere Way” circling the entire 48miles around the Borough of Hertsmere and raised £347 for Hertsmere Mencap
- BRAG (Bullhead Road Action Group) donated £200 from their recent Platinum Jubilee Street Party
- Michael and Aaron Langley raised £300 at Harperbury Bowls Club in memory of their dear Rose, a good friend of Hertsmere Mencap.
- A donation of £1000 was made in memory of dear Teresa Gray
- Radlett Rotary fun day raised money for Hertsmere Mencap
- St Martin’s Church in Shenley, raised £310 at their Lent Lunch
- Radlett Lawn and Tennis Club presented Jubilee Club with a dart board following their recent fundraising
- Lisa Worrell gave a generous donation to Noah’s Ark from a Car Boot sale in Potters Bar.
- Pupils from Hertswood Academy washed cars and held bake sales raising more than £500
- Borehamwood Mayor Cllr Victor Eni, organised a Jazz evening and raised more than £900
You can donate your celebration day to Hertsmere Mencap or organise a bake off at work, a quiz night or sports tournament.
It’s your choice and we’ll support you in any way we can, so if you’re fundraising for the first time, don’t worry, we’ll be right behind you.
Fundraising, your way
Anyone can do something special to raise funds to improve the lives of people with a learning disability
So you’re passionate about supporting people with a learning disability and would like to fundraise and improve lives? You’re in the right place!
There are so many things you can do to support Hertsmere Mencap’s work. From bake-offs to taking on your own physical challenge anywhere in the world. You decide what suits you and when.