£5 builds the confidence and social skills of one person with a disability by attending a Hertsmere Mencap creative activity
£10 provides a fun outing for one adult or child with a learning disability
£20 funds the Hertsmere Mencap minibus to take members to and from their social club for a month
£50 pays for 10 adults or children to attend an ‘autistic friendly’ cinema viewing
Here are some of the things supporters have done to raise funds for Hertsmere Mencap:
- Ex pupils from Sinai School organised a bake sale and raised more than £1,000
- Pupils from Haberdashers schools packed nuts and raisins and made puzzles for visually impaired people which sold at a fundraising event and raised £95
- Pupils from Hertswood Academy washed cars and held bake sales raising more than £500
- Lara sold sweets and other goodies after school for a week and raised £175
- Morrisons and Tesco, Borehamwood as well as members of the community donated prizes to our Christmas raffle and raised £145
- Borehamwood Mayor Cllr Victor Eni, organised a Jazz evening and raised more than £900
You can donate your celebration day to Hertsmere Mencap or organise a bake off at work, a quiz night or sports tournament.
It’s your choice and we’ll support you in any way we can, so if you’re fundraising for the first time, don’t worry, we’ll be right behind you.
Fundraising, your way
Anyone can do something special to raise funds to improve the lives of people with a learning disability
So you’re passionate about supporting people with a learning disability and would like to fundraise and improve lives? You’re in the right place!
There are so many things you can do to support Hertsmere Mencap’s work. From bake-offs to taking on your own physical challenge anywhere in the world. You decide what suits you and when.